All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThird generation networks have been specified and are w being deployed in a few countries. They are expected to reach maturity in the next several years and to provide various services including audio, video, and world wide web browsing. Furthermore, radio terminals are expected to be integrated in a number of devices such as personal computers, personal digital assistants, and even television sets. Such a wide-usage of radio mandates ongoing research to address design of networks with high capacity while providing acceptable quality of service. Included in Multiaccess, Mobility and Teletraffic for Wireless Communications: Volume 6 are new results on the optimization of protocols in third generation systems. The radio channel is dynamically shared among several users using packet access, it must adapt to a varying number of users and accomodate various services. Several chapters deal with radio resource management and packet access both in second and third generation systems. The book also considers the performance of low layer protocols (MAC/RLC) and transport protocols (e.g., TCP) when they are combined to offer data services. IPv6 will probably be an in-use network protocol in the near future. It must efficiently manage mobility and support multimedia flows. Wireless internet is an important area and related topics are included in this book. The improvement of the network performance relies on a sophisticated and optimized physical layer. The book includes studies on joint multiple access detection, MIMO systems, use of turbo-codes and methods to improve the analysis of the channel capacity. The book also covers location management, handoff optimization, multi-hop networks and network management. Mobility and Teletraffic for Wireless Communications: Volume 6 is an important book for researchers, students and professionals working in the area of wireless communications and mobile computing.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/12/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight906 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBijan Jabbari,Xavier Lagrange
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2002
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.