All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's security-conscious society, real-world applications for authentication or identification require a highly accurate system for recognizing individual humans. The required level of performance cant be achieved through the use of a single biometric such as face, fingerprint, ear, iris, palm, gait or speech. Fusing multiple biometrics enables the indexing of large databases, more robust performance and enhanced coverage of populations. Multiple biometrics are also naturally more robust against attacks than single biometrics. This book addresses a broad spectrum of research issues on multibiometrics for human identification, ranging from sensing modes and modalities to fusion of biometric samples and combination of algorithms. It covers publicly available multibiometrics databases, theoretical and empirical studies on sensor fusion techniques in the context of biometrics authentication, identification and performance evaluation and prediction.
- Author BiographyDr Bir Bhanu is the Distinguished Professor of Electrical Engineering and serves as the Director of the Interdisciplinary Center for Research in Intelligent Systems and the Visualization and Intelligent Systems Laboratory at the University of California, Riverside (UCR). He is a coauthor of seven authored books and three edited books, has 12 patents, and has authored more than 350 reviewed technical publications, including more than 100 journal papers. Dr Venu Govindaraju is a UB Distinguished Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo (SUNY Buffalo) and the founder of the Center for Unified Biometrics and Sensors (CUBS). He has coauthored more than 300 reviewed technical papers, four U.S. patents and two books.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/04/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note162 b/w illus. 40 tables
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBir Bhanu,Venu Govindaraju
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.