All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMulticultural Gender Roles continues to advance multidimensional identity models. Each data-informed chapter introduces genuine reflections and accountings that lead to a proposed process model highlighting the complexities of negotiating gender roles, rules, and responsibilities for ethnic mirity individuals. Patricia Arredondo, President, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago Campus This book is a must-read for counselors and educators seeking to have a full understanding of the people they work with. Edward A. Delgado-Romero, PhD, Professor, The University of Georgia This extraordinary book presents vivid narratives of the challenges African American, Latina/o, Asian and Asian American women and men face in constructing their gender roles. The Multicultural Gender Role Model is groundbreaking. Nancy Boyd-Franklin, PhD, Professor II Distinguished Professor, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University Practical applications for mental health professionals and educators in helping clients and students understand and construct their roles within their schools, families, and communities Edited by Dr. Marie Miville a recognized authority on multicultural issues in counseling and psychology Multicultural Gender Roles provides mental health professionals, educators, and students entering these fields with a solid research grounding on how people of color can reframe their gender roles in today's world. Featuring personal experiences and stories based on interviews with over sixty individuals from various racial-ethnic backgrounds, Multicultural Gender Roles explores: * Gender role construction among men and women of color * Lati and Latina gender roles * Gender roles among Asian/Asian American men and women * Gender roles among African American men and women * Negotiating multicultural gender roles Utilizing current theory and new research, Multicultural Gender Roles provides practical applications for mental health professionals and educators working with diverse populations.
- Author BiographyMARIE L. MIVILLE, PhD, is an Associate Professor of Psychology and Education in the Department of Counseling and Clinical Psychology at Teachers College, Columbia University. Dr. Miville has conducted research and developed workshops on social attitudes and universal-diverse orientation, Latino/a mental health, and the interrelations of various aspects of identity, as based on race, culture, gender, and sexual orientation among populations of color.
- Author(s)Marie L. Miville
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight452 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.