All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an exploration of contemporary multicultural dilemmas viewed through the lens of Bhikhu Parekh's political thought. Bhikhu Parekh's contribution to the political theory of multiculturalism is widely regarded as amongst the most original and significant. In this book, some of the leading theorists of multiculturalism revisit aspects of Parekh's work both to underline its continuing importance and the vitality of multiculturalist theory. While some contributors locate Parekh in the tradition of British pluralism or as inspired by Gandhi, others apply his theory to a range of controversial contemporary multicultural dilemmas and other theorists extend it in new directions. Multiculturalism Rethought is essential reading for students and scholars of multiculturalism as well as those who think that multiculturalism longer has anything to offer.
- Author BiographyVarun Uberoi is Senior Lecturer in Political Theory and Public Policy at Brunel University. Tariq Modood is Professor of Sociology, Politics and Public Policy and the Founding Director of the Centre for the Study of Ethnicity and Citizenship at the University of Bristol.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight658 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byTariq Modood,Varun Uberoi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.