Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionMulticulturalism in a Global Society explores the concepts and debates surrounding the complex modern phemen of multiculturalism, and its varied effects on the advanced industrial nations of the world. With remarkable clarity and concision, it focuses on the interrelated ties of ethnicity, race, and nationalism in a world where globalizing processes have made such ties increasingly important in ecomic, political, and cultural terms. Beginning with a discussion and reformulation of contemporary theories of ethnicity, this book turns to case studies of the three major 'settler' states in the world: the United States, Canada, and Australia.In this book, coverage of western Europe follows, with analyses of postcolonial Britain, Germany, and France. This book concludes with a succinct summary and thoughtful progsis about the future directions of our increasingly global society. Students and scholars looking for the most up-to-date approach to understanding multiculturalism in a global perspective will find this to be an engaging, penetrating, and illuminating text.
- Author BiographyPeter Kivisto is Professor and Chair of Sociology at Augustana College. He is the author of The Ethnic Engima (1989), For Democracy (1993), and Americans All (1995), and is the editor of Immigrant Socialists in the United States (1984) and Multiculturalism in the United States (2000).
- Author(s)Peter Kivisto
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/07/2002
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series Title21st Century Sociology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note14
- Weight498 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.