All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of this book constituted a comprehensive resource for students of higher education, faculty, higher education administrators and student affairs leaders engaging with multiculturalism and diverse populations on college campuses. It was one of the ?rst texts to gather in a single volume the related theories, assessment methods, and environmental and application issues pertinent to the study and practice of multiculturalism, while also offering approaches to enhancing multicultural programming and culturally diverse campus environments. This second edition retains the structure and vision of the first, introducing readers to the key theories and models for understanding the complexity of the students they serve, and for reflecting on their own values and motivations. It provides an array of case studies, discussion questions, examples of best practice, and recommendations about resources for use in the classroom. This edition includes a new chapter on intersectionality; updates several chapters, presents a number of new cultural frameworks and updated best practices for creating an inclusive environment for marginalized groups, and expands the third section of the book on cultural competent practice.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Cuyjet is a Professor in the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Louisville, USA, where he has been teaching and mentoring students in the College Student Personnel program since 1993. Mary F. Howard-Hamilton is a Professor of Higher Education at Indiana State University, USA. Diane L. Cooper is a Professor of College Student Affairs Administration in the Department of Counseling and Human Development Services at The University of Georgia, USA. Chris Linder is Assistant Professor, Department of Counseling and Human Development Services, College Student Affairs Administration, at the University of Georgia, USA. Dr. Linder's research interests include creating and maintaining inclusive campus environments and activist identity development.
- PublisherStylus Publishing
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSterling, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStylus Publishing
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChris Linder,Diane L. Cooper,Mary F. Howard-Hamilton,Michael J. Cuyjet
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.