All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern cell biology is being revolutionized by the wedding of microscopy and computers. This book describes the new instrumentation and methods which allow three-dimensional reconstruction of specimens. Multidimensional Microscopy will be of interest to cell biologists, microscopists, and basic biomedical researchers whose work involves microscopic techniques. This book presents current results on a very active field in modern biology: methods in light and electron microscopy that allow the reconstruction of three-dimensional objects with the aid of computers. The book emphasizes the methods that can be used and examples of biological systems to which they have been applied. It includes extensive descriptions of confocal microscopy and its applications, as well as chapters on X-ray microscopy, low-voltage electron microscopy, and image reconstruction. This is an impressive summary of state-of-the-art methods in microscopy, in which microscopes and computers are being joined to permit specimens to be examined and reconstructed in three dimensions. Will be of interest to cell biologists, biomedical researchers, and microscopists.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight621 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJ.L. Wu,P.-C. Cheng,T.H. Lin,W.-L Wu
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.