All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs part of an ongoing mission to disseminate information about acceptable risk processes, ASCE's Council on Disaster Risk Management convened a symposium in 2006 on the natural and techlogical hazards occurring in the central United States, specifically Missouri, Illiis, and Tennessee. The collected papers cover frequent natural hazards - including floods, heat, winter storms, thunderstorms, earthquakes, fires, hurricanes, landslides, and tornadoes - as well as frequent techlogical hazards - including hazardous materials, nuclear incidents, dam failures, and terrorism. Papers briefly identify governmental regulations and describe details of major natural and techlogical hazards. This mograph outlines some of the more important issues that should be addressed in the development of comprehensive national and state hazard plans and action scenarios. This publication is invaluable to engineers involved in disaster risk assessment and mitigation, lifelines, and owners and operators of public and private infrastructure systems.
- PublisherAmerican Society of Civil Engineers
- Date of Publication26/01/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleASCE Council on Disaster Risk Management Monograph
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationReston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Civil Engineers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Edited byJames E. Beavers
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.