All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first mograph on one of the least studied and most controversial European Union citizenship rights. Despite the importance of consular protection in a globalised world, many EU Member States are reluctant to recognise consular protection for EU citizens abroad as a right, leading to a protracted struggle to place the right to consular protection on a solid legal basis through a directive. This book examines the right to consular protection as an illustrative case in the debate over a multilevel design of EU citizenship combining rules from several different legal systems, whose interplay is reinforced by the extra-territorial character of consular protection. It offers a comparative analysis of the provision of consular protection in the 28 EU Member States as well as of the respective international law and EU rules. By examining the right to consular protection in its constitutional setting as a right flowing from EU citizenship, the book frames the analysis of all EU citizenship rights as fundamental rights in a multilevel-governance context.
- Author BiographyEva-Maria Poptcheva holds a PhD in European Constitutional Law from the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona (Spain). She worked as a lecturer and research fellow in European Union Law and Constitutional Law at the same university, before joining the European Parliamentary Research Service, where she currently works in the field of constitutional affairs. She has participated in several international conferences and is the author of a number of journal articles and book chapters, in English, Spanish and German, about EU citizenship, fundamental rights and parliamentarism.
- Author(s)Eva-Maria Poptcheva
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2014
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Weight420 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.