All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionMultimedia and Communications Techlogy is a practical explanation of the techlogies that bring together existing products such as the PC, telephone and television. It is precisely this revolution that the book addresses - offering an up to date technical overview of developments in PC techlogy, video and audio compression, telecommunications and many other disciplines. Written as a series of tutorials, the book starts with the fundamental techniques of digital audio and video, moving on to compression techniques such as JPEG and MPEG. The delivery systems for multimedia are then covered, starting with the CD and on to telephones, local and wide area networks and ATM and ASDL. The final chapters describe how these techlogies are brought together in some key applications: * video conferencing * digital video broadcasting * video on demand * interactive television Steve Heath is responsible for European Strategy and Techlogy Development at Motorola. He has had many years experience in computer design and has presented papers on multimedia techlogy at international conferences. He is a well kwn technical writer and has written fourteen other books for Focal Press, Newnes and Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Author BiographySenior Staff Engineer, European Strategy and Technology Development, Motorola Semiconductors, Steve Heath has written 15 books on topics covering Apple and IBM PCs, processor architectures, UNIX and Windows NT operating systems.
- Author(s)Steve Heath
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/1999
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.