Multimodal Transcription and Text Analysis by Paul J. Thibault, Anthony Baldry (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are multimodal texts? How can we transcribe and analyse them? How can multimedia and internet help us in multimodal discourse analysis? What postproduction and authoring skills are needed to analyse a multimodal text or to develop a corpus of multimodal texts? How does integrating multimedia meaning-making resources into hypertext multiply our meaning-making potential? How does the study of language relate to multimodality and multimedia, in particular in the e-learning age? How, and to what extent, will multimodal discourse analysis re-shape linguistics? In its attempt to provide answers to the questions raised above, and many others, this book proposes concrete solutions to the problems of multimodal text analysis and transcription of printed texts, websites and film. As such, it constitutes a much needed course in multimodal text transcription and analysis. It also suggests ways in which multimodal discourse analysis can help both educators and students understand how meaning is made in the e-learning environments that w play such an important role in our lives. In both these respects, readers are encouraged to use the book in conjunction with an associated and freely accessible website which provides many illustrations and exercises that further contextualise and exemplify the insights and descriptions provided by the book. As befits a coursebook, the individual chapters of the book are carefully organised in such a way as to provide a step-by-step progression in theoretical and descriptive complexity.
- Author BiographyAnthony Baldry is Associate Professor in English Linguistics, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Pavia. He recently edited a book of essays: Multimodality and Multimediality in the Distance Learning Age (2000). Paul J. Thibault is Associate Professor in English linguistics in the University of Venice. He is the author of a number of books including Language and Interaction: Discussing John J. Gumperz, edited with Susan Eerdmans and Carlo Prevignano (Benjamins, 2003).
- Author(s)Anthony Baldry,Paul J. Thibault
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- Series TitleEquinox Textbooks & Surveys in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Notenumerous black and white with 8 colour pages
- Weight522 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.