All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe international dimension of business networks has remained relatively unexplored, mainly because international business writers focus upon multinational enterprises and network writers igre international issues. In this book Professors Alan Rugman and Joseph D'Cruz bridge the literature on networks and multinationals by introducing the new concept of the flagship firm. In each business network strategic leadership is provided by the flagship firm, which is defined as a multinational enterprise. It has other partners: key suppliers; key customers; key competitors; and key partners in the n-business infrastructure. These business networks are usually located in the 'triad' regions of the European Union, North America, and Japan. There are strong cross-border network linkages within these regions, but less 'globalization' than regional ecomic integration. The theory of the flagship firm/five partners model is applied to the telecommunications, chemicals, automotive, and electronics sectors, amongst others, and the book reports on both empirical studies and field research of the international competitiveness of these sectors. The book will be of interest to academics, students, and professionals in the areas of international business, strategic management, political science, law, and sociology.
- Author BiographyAlan Rugman is Thames Water Fellow in Strategic Management, Templeton College, University of Oxford. Previous positions have included Professor of International Business, University of Toronto (19871998); Professor of International Business, Delhousie University (19801987); and Visiting Professor at Brandeis University, UCLA, Western Washington University, and Columbia Business School. Joseph R. D'Cruz is Professor of Strategic Management at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. He also consults widely with multinational corporations in the areas of global strategy and international operations. (Major clients include ICI, Exxon Corporation, Price Waterhouse, and DSM.) He was awarded the Touche Ross Award for the best article in Business Quarterly entitled The Globalization of Manufacturing (with Professor Fleck). Professors Rugman and D'Cruz are co-editors of the Kodak series of studies on Canada's international competitiveness.
- Author(s)Alan M. Rugman,Joseph R. D'Cruz
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2000
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note35 black and white figures
- Weight482 g
- Width163 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.