All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMultiple sclerosis (MS) is the most common disease of the central nervous system affecting young adults, usually diagsed in people aged between 20 to 40. A recent MS Society survey indicated that there are at least 100,000 people living with MS in the UK. Only 20 years ago, a diagsis of MS was assumed to mean a bleak future. Thankfully, times have changed. There is still cure for MS, but due to ongoing research, new and better treatments have been developed. More is also understood about the role lifestyle can play in symptom management. If you, or someone you kw, is diagsed with MS, it is important to remember that two people will experience exactly the same combination or range of symptoms. Use this book like a toolbox, pick out the relevant parts you may never need the rest. There is denying that a diagsis of MS will bring changes. But with the right medical treatment, support and advice, you can find your own unique balance between having this chronic condition and having a life.
- Author BiographyLeonie Martin is a published author and speaker and has lived with MS for over 10 years. When diagnosed, she was a busy working mum with a young family and found it difficult to access support and information about this puzzling condition. She hopes this book will fill that gap in a positive, but practical way. In addition to media advocacy roles for the MS Society and MS Trust, Leonie is a volunteer newsletter editor for her local MS branch in Derbyshire. She is also co-author of an academic paper published in the Journal of Psychology and Health, and her articles, short stories and poetry have been published in local and national media.She can be contacted through her website www.leoniemartin.co.uk.
- Author(s)Leonie Martin
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight252 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.