All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe true story of a middle-aged woman being unexpectedly diagsed with a young person's disease: multiple sclerosis. The journey to diagsis and the reality of the treatment brought a premature end to her career as a public school teacher. Life in the sandwich generation of adults caring for both their elder parents and their children, while balancing full time employment, is discussed with gentle empathy. The difficult ecomics and the changes in family responsibilities are also a part of this story. The consistent, caring support of family and friends and a mutual respect between patient and doctors is essential in living with a chronic condition such as Multiple Sclerosis.
- Author BiographyTerry Crawford Palardy is a teacher who taught public school classes for thirty years before retiring due to a chronic condition. She has struggled with the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, and with her husband as partner, has chosen a path that will require strength and confidence. Having spent four and a half years complying with medical advice, and having seen decline rather than delayed progression, she will continue her healthy menu choices and discontinue the prescribed medical treatment.
- Author(s)Terry Crawford Palardy
- Date of Publication09/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.