All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn the art world, replicas are typically thought to be of low value. However skillfully created, they remain in the eyes of many mere copies, pointing toward an original of greater significance. In recent years, however, replicas and multiples have come to occupy a more central position in discussions about ancient, medieval, and early modern art. Multiples in Pre-Modern Art looks at the production and reception of replicas and multiples before the nineteenth century. Through a series of questions - What happens if a copy purposely points t to an original but to ather copy? What does it matter that some serially made multiples are t identical? - many of the works are reappraised as significant art forms in their own right.
- Author BiographyWalter Cupperi is an art historian and an Exzellenzinitiative Research Fellow at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Author(s)Walter Cupperi
- PublisherDiaphanes AG
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintDiaphanes AG
- Content Note92 halftones
- Weight786 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.