All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMultiplication is for White People' is a passionate reminder that there is achievement gap at birth. Poor teaching, negative stereotypes and a curriculum that does t adequately connect to poor children's lives conspire against the prospects of poor children of colour. From reception classes and on through the university years, Delpit brings the topic of educating other people's children into the twenty-first century, outlining a blueprint for raising expectations based on a simple premise: that all aspects of advanced education are for everyone.'
- Author BiographyMacArthur Award-winning education reformer and scholar Lisa Delpit is the author of Other People's Children and the co-editor of The Real Ebonics Debate, Quality Education as a Constitution Right, and The Skin That We Speak. She is Felton G. Clark Professor of Education at Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where she lives.
- Author(s)Lisa Delpit
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight298 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.