All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYUNMIN ZHU In the past two decades, multi sensor or multi-source information fusion tech- niques have attracted more and more attention in practice, where observations are processed in a distributed manner and decisions or estimates are made at the individual processors, and processed data (or compressed observations) are then transmitted to a fusion center where the final global decision or estimate is made. A system with multiple distributed sensors has many advantages over one with a single sensor. These include an increase in the capability, reliability, robustness and survivability of the system. Distributed decision or estimation fusion prob- lems for cases with statistically independent observations or observation ises have received significant attention (see Varshney's book Distributed Detec- tion and Data Fusion, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1997, Bar-Shalom's book Multitarget-Multisensor Tracking: Advanced Applications, vol. 1-3, Artech House, 1990, 1992,2000). Problems with statistically dependent observations or observation ises are more difficult and have received much less study. In practice, however, one often sees decision or estimation fusion problems with statistically dependent observations or observation ises. For instance, when several sensors are used to detect a random signal in the presence of observation ise, the sensor observations could t be statistically independent when the signal is present. This book provides a more complete treatment of the fundamentals of multi- sensor decision and estimation fusion in order to deal with general random ob- servations or observation ises that are correlated across the sensors.
- Author(s)Yunmin Zhu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleThe International Series on Asian Studies in Computer and Information Science
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight409 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.