All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionKwn for accuracy, precision, and rigor, Soo Tan w brings those same qualities to the Calculus course. With his clear, concise writing style, and use of relevant, real world examples, Tan introduces abstract mathematical concepts with his intuitive approach that captures student interest without compromising mathematical rigor. In keeping with this emphasis on conceptual understanding, each exercise set begins with concept questions and each end-of-chapter review section includes fill-in-the-blank questions which help students master the definitions and theorems in each chapter. Additionally, many questions asking for the interpretation of graphical, numerical, and algebraic results are included among both the examples and the exercise sets.
- Author BiographySoo T. Tan has published numerous papers in Optimal Control Theory and Numerical Analysis. He received his S.B. degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, his M.S. degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and his Ph.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles. One of the most important lessons I learned from my early experience teaching these courses is that many of the students come into these courses with some degree of apprehension. This awareness led to the intuitive approach I have adopted in all of my texts.
- Author(s)Soo Tan
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight1080 g
- Width214 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.