All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMultivariate approximation theory is today an increasingly active research area. It encompasses a wide range of tools for multivariate approximation such as multi-dimensional splines and finite elements, shift-invariant spaces and radial-basis functions. Approximation theory in the multivariate setting has many applications including numerical analysis, wavelet analysis, signal processing, geographic information systems, computer aided geometric design and computer graphics. The field is fascinating since much of the mathematics of the classical univariate theory does t straightforwardly generalize to the multivariate setting, so new tools are required. This advanced introduction to multivariate approximation and related topics consists of nine articles written by leading experts surveying many of the new ideas and their applications. Each article introduces a particular topic, takes the reader to the forefront of research and ends with a comprehensive bibliography. This unique account is an ideal introduction to the subject for researchers, in universities and industry, and graduate students.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2001
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date23/05/2013
- Content Note22 b/w illus. 14 colour illus.
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byA. Pinkus,D. Leviatan,D. Levin,N. Dyn,etc.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.