All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionMultivariate calculus can be understood best by combining geometric insight, intuitive arguments, detailed explanations and mathematical reasoning. This textbook has successfully followed this programme. It additionally provides a solid description of the basic concepts, via familiar examples, which are then tested in technically demanding situations. In this new edition the introductory chapter and two of the chapters on the geometry of surfaces have been revised. Some exercises have been replaced and others provided with expanded solutions. Familiarity with partial derivatives and a course in linear algebra are essential prerequisites for readers of this book. Multivariate Calculus and Geometry is aimed primarily at higher level undergraduates in the mathematical sciences. The inclusion of many practical examples involving problems of several variables will appeal to mathematics, science and engineering students.
- Author BiographyThe author taught for many years at University College Dublin where he is now an emeritus professor. He is the author of many research articles and monographs and of a number of successful and popular textbooks including: Analysis; A Gateway to Understanding Mathematics (World Scientific, 2012) and Probability Theory in Finance: A Mathematical Guide to the Black-Scholes Formula (AMS, Second Edition, 2013).
- Author(s)Sean Dineen
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringer Undergraduate Mathematics Series
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note103 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight421 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.