All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE HAIRY BIKERS: MUMS KNOW BEST is the BBC's biggest food event for years. Si and Dave undertake a nationwide search for Britain's lost recipes - those forgotten gems or secret scribbles handed down through the generations - for a landmark TV series. The Bikers send out a call-to-arms for mums, daughters and their grandmothers to unlock their private recipe archives and share with, and learn from, other mums of all races and backgrounds. This is a heart-warming and down-to-earth recipe book that takes place against beautiful British backdrops throughout the summer. Here yummy mummies, Northern matriarchs, West Indian foster mums and ladies of the mar all come together with recipes to share, tips to swap and techniques to learn, in a book that contains 112 different recipes.
- Author BiographyWith their unique blend of tasty recipes, cheeky humour and irresistible enthusiasm, the Hairy Bikers have become Britain's favourite food heroes. Born and bred in Barrow-in-Furness, Dave Myers' versatile skills have taken him to some unusual places. He worked in a steelworks as a student, to finance his studies in Fine Arts, and later joined the BBC as a make-up artist, specialising in prosthetics. Si King hails from North East England and is a big, blond bearded biker with an infectious laugh. He worked for many years as an Assistant Director and Locations Manager for film and television, including the Harry Potter films. Si and Dave met on the set of a TV drama in 1995 and have been cooking and riding together ever since. They have now written over 20 cookbooks, including Chicken & Egg, Mums Know Best, Bakeation, Meat Feasts and 12 Days of Christmas. In 2012, the boys shed more than six stone between them on The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight. They have also created a range of low-fat sauces (available in Asda and Ocado), launched an online subscription-based weight-loss club, The Hairy Bikers' Diet Club, and published an acclaimed autobiography, Blood, Sweat & Tyres. www.hairybikers.com https://www.facebook.com/HairyBikers https://twitter.com/HairyBikers
- Author(s)Dave Myers,Hairy Bikers,Si King
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication14/01/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Content Note200
- Weight1002 g
- Width216 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
Most relevant reviews
- cudjocat16 Oct, 2015by
Brilliant cookbooks , great dishes and does not require 100 items in order to cook same .And does not require elevently seven hours to cook it.Bring it On .
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.