All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMurat Germen is an artist using photography as an expression and a research tool regarding urban metamorphosis. His challenging visual experimentations question specific dynamics of our city environments. Both the Muta-morphosis and Facsimile series focus on the perpetual transformation of cityscapes. While Muta-morphosis maximizes the urban content by shrinking very long paramic photos into a frame in a traditional ratio, Facsimile, on the other hand, extends certain parts of cities to draw attention to particular dynamics among various urban components. In this context, it is possible to consider the Muta-morphosis series as a broad body of work, which focuses on the egalitarian aspect of all urban areas that form a city; while the Facsimile series is a relatively narrower body of work where certain urban areas disappear in order to make the hierarchy of cities more legible visually.
- Author BiographyStephan Berg is Director of the Kunstmuseum Bonn, Germany. Kerstin Stremmel is an art historian based in Cologne working as a freelance writer and curator. Necmi Sonmez is an independent curator based in Dusseldorf.
- Author(s)Kerstin Stremmel,Murat Germen,Stephen Berg
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note95 colour illustrations
- Weight1590 g
- Width400 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.