Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on a wide selection of sources and illustrated with more than fifty images, this collection of grisly tales explores the shadier side of Harrogate's past. Among the cases featured here are a police constable stabbed in Pateley Bridge in 1831; a wife who poisoned her husband in Dallowgill in 1834; and, two children murdered by their father in Ripon in 1837. Also included is a Beckwithshaw woman purportedly buried alive in 1888, and a baby found drowned in the River Nidd in 1842 as well as highway robbery, assault and mysterious disappearances. With murders, hangings, kidnap and violence, Murder & Crime: Harrogate & District is sure to captivate and horrify everyone interested in the criminal history of this part of North Yorkshire.
- Author BiographyJames Rogers is a transport history enthusiast and has written a number of books on railways. This is his first true-crime title.
- Author(s)James Rogers
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2010
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleMurder & Crime
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.