Murder Goes for the Green: A Zach Roper and the Thai Princess Mystery by M H Burton (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZach Roper and the Thai Princess's last adventure Murder Takes a Mulligan got them a lot deeper into Thai politics than they had bargained for. They're confident that they will stay out of Thai politics this time because they're longer in Thailand, but the good old USA, where politics are much more straightforward and less deadly....or are they? Once again they mean to concentrate strictly on golf, at least when they aren't preoccupied with sex, murders, crimes, politics... more 'cases' to solve. They get off to a promising start with an invitation to something called a Fiesta de Golfo at a gated community in the Arizona desert where they quickly find that golf takes a back seat to socializing, investment seminars, and booze. Zach has to rescue the Thai Princess as she threatens to drift away on a sea of margaritas and meatballs while the golf action on the 'duffer-ville' course is far less than stellar. Both of them are off their games but they still manage to hustle some bucks from the filthy rich amateurs. The Thai Princess revives her youthful ability to outdrink her female opponents and whip them while in an alcoholic haze, staggering home to Zach with her panties stuffed with loot. After more than a week of too much food, too much booze, almost too much good lovemaking, and too little good golf, Zach tries to drag the Thai Princess away from it all for an early morning practice session so that they won't embarrass themselves in the final round of pro-on-pro competition. She's late, delayed by her search for a pair of golf shorts she can still squeeze into after all the excess, and Roper is pissed, so he goes off alone to practice his sand shots but finds the trap occupied...by a dying man who has been hit over the head with a golf club. The man keeps repeating the same phrase over and over again, but the phrase isn't in English so all Roper can do is memorize it after he calls for the medics. The man in the trap dies before they can get there. While Zach awaits their arrival he studies the crime scene. It certainly has been a crime. The man did t hit himself in the head with a golf club. Not even the most frustrated golfer would commit suicide with a sand wedge. But who did it? And why? A plump, tardy Thai Princess waddles to the scene and figures out what the dying man kept repeating. It's cryptic but at least it's a start. Not much of a start as the identification found on the body says he's a Mexican-American greens keeper and his last words were in Lao. In all the confusion Zach realizes that the international tycoon who was to meet him and the Princess for some early morning practice and talk is a show. Could there be a connection? It seems possible as they soon find out that he has just flown off in his Learjet to points unkwn leaving behind explanation. It takes a lot of digging by Zach and the Thai Princess to get a grip on who killed the man in the trap, and why.
- Author(s)M H Burton
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.