All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionLooming omiusly over the city, the stony battlements of Nottingham Castle speak of a long and violent criminal history. Illustrated with more than forty photographs as well as chilling original artwork, this selection of true-crime stories provides a fascinating introduction to the darker side of Nottinham's past. Winding its way through shadowed side streets and twisting back alleys and spanning the years between the thirteenth and twentieth centuries, this book documents a wide range of murderous misdeeds, from the infamous career of Charlie Peace - master criminal and virtuoso violinist - and the disasterous consequencesa of his affair with a Nottingham girl, to the exorcism of Thomas Darling and the lovers who eloped to join a band of highwaymen. Featuring cases of murder, sorcery, disease, cannibalism, suicide, pugilism, dismemberment, rioting, gun battles and gaol breaks, Murder and Crime in Nottingham is sure to horrify and captivate anyone interested in the criminal history of the area.
- Author BiographyAdam Nightingale works in the archives of Nottingham's Galleries of Justice. He has a keen interest in local history and a flair for written and artistic expression. Much of the material for his latest title is drawn from the Galleries' extensive records as well as the author's own personal research.
- Author(s)Adam Nightingale
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleMurder & Crime
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteapprox 65
- Weight230 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.