All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionRebecca Biron breaks new ground in this study of masculinity, violence, and the strategic construction of collective political identities in twentieth-century Latin American fiction. By engaging current sociological, psychoanalytic, and feminist theories, Murder and Masculinity analyses the cliche of proving virility through violence against women. Biron develops her argument through close readings of five works: Jorge Luis Borges' La intrusa , Armonia Somer's El despojo , Clarice Lispector's A Maga Escuro , Manuel Puig's The Bues Aires Affair , and Reinaldo Arenas' El asalto . Biron argues that the five narratives addressed in this book show that healed masculinities are essential to the achievement of cultural identity and political automy in Latin America.
- Author(s)Rebecca Biron
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Weight306 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.