Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionAfter Constable Nick of Aidensfield and Heartbeat fame's retirement, he helped create a small private police force of monk-constables serving Maddleskirk Abbey and its adjoining college. The body of an unkwn man is discovered in a huge stone coffin in the crypt and Nick and DCS 'Nabber' Napier of the local constabulary welcome the assistance of the monk-constables or monkstables as they become kwn, as their kwledge of the abbey, its history, practices and personnel proves invaluable to the detectives. As the murder investigation hots up, a prominent pupil of the college goes missing and the monkstables find themselves pitched into an intense criminal investigation as they search for the missing boy. With help from retired Sgt Oscar Blaketon and ex-PC Alf Ventress, and some input from Claude Jeremiah Greengrass, Nick's experience is put to the test as a killer stalks the hushed corridors of Maddleskirk Abbey.
- Author BiographyNicholas Rhea is the pen-name for Peter N. Walker, formerly an inspector with the North Yorkshire Police and the creator of the Constable series, the inspiration for the long-running and critically acclaimed ITV drama series Heartbeat. As Peter N. Walker, he is the author of Portrait of the North York Moors and many murders and mysteries. He lives in North Yorkshire.
- Author(s)Nicholas Rhea
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.