All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMargaret Truman, who kws where all the bodies are buried inside the Beltway, has written her most thrilling vel of suspense yet. Murder at the Opera features the popular crime-fighting couple Mac Smith and his wife, Annabel Reed-Smith, as they navigate the glitz, glamour, and grime that is Washington, D.C. It ain't over till the fat lady sings . . . but the show hasn't even started yet when a diva is found dead. The sopra in question, a petite young Asian Canadian named Charise Lee, was scarcely a star at the Washington National Opera. But when the aspiring singer is stabbed in the heart backstage during rehearsals, she suddenly takes center stage. Georgetown law professor Mac Smith thought he'd just be carrying a rapier in Tosca as a favor for his beloved Annabel, but w they're both being pressured by the panicked theater board to unmask a killer. Providing accompaniment will be former homicide detective, current P.I., and eternal opera fan Raymond Pawkins. Soon the Smiths find themselves dangerously improvising among an expanding cast of suspects with all sorts of scores to settle. What they uncover is an increasingly complex case reaching far beyond Washington to a dark world of informers and terror alerts in Iraq, and climaxing on a fateful night at the opera attended by ne other than the President himself. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyMargaret Truman won faithful readers with her works of biography and fiction, particularly her ongoing series of Capital Crimes mysteries. Her novels let us into the corridors of power and privilege, and poverty and pageantry, in the nation's capital. She was the author of many nonfiction books, including The President's House, in which she shares some of the secrets and history of the White House where she once resided. She lived in Manhattan and passed away in 2008. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Margaret Truman
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication30/10/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleCapital Crimes (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Weight200 g
- Width122 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.