All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1973. Giorgio Tinetti, music producer, is watching an underground film in his home theatre. It is called, Murder in Electric Ladyland, a collection of hotel surveillance clips put to music capturing Jimi Hendrix having sex with various groupies and girlfriends. It ends in a shocking scene of a woman with a hypodermic needle murdering the passed-out Hendrix. At the same time, a hit man steps from the shadows and kills Giorgio in the same manner. He takes the film. Teo N. Fragio, high school English teacher, freelance music critic, surfer, husband, and father of a young son, is hired by Tinetti's widow to ghost write an autobiography. He discovers a hidden security camera that exposes both murders. His decision to keep this kwledge to himself has deadly consequences. M.L. Betti recreates those crazy years between 1968 and 1974 with a lively cast of characters: musicians, under cover police, Black Panthers, bootleggers, dopers, hitchhikers, freaks, surfers, Vietnam Vets, groupies, roadies and photographers, counter-culture Christians, smugglers and mobsters.
- Author BiographyM.L.Bettino lives in a beach community near Los Angeles. He is the author of Martyr, a retelling of the Euripedes play, Alcestis. In this novel, a professor is kidnapped and tortured by Moslem Extremists while on a lecture tour in India. His wife offers herself in exchange.
- Author(s)M L Bettino
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.