All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionA facsimile first edition hardback of the famous Poirot book, with a strange death in the desert. When Amy Leatheran travels to an ancient site in the Iraqi desert to nurse the wife of a celebrated archaeologist, events prove stranger than she has ever imagined. Her patient's bizarre visions and nervous terror seem unfounded, but as the oppressive tension in the air thickens, events come to a terrible climax - in murder. With one spot of blood as his only clue, Hercule Poirot must embark on a journey across the desert to unravel a mystery which taxes even his remarkable powers...To mark the 80th anniversary of Hercule Poirot's first appearance, and to celebrate his renewed fortunes as a primetime television star, this title in a collection of facsimile first editions is the perfect way to experience Agatha Christie. Reproducing the original typesetting and format of the first edition from the Christie family's own archive, this book sports the original cover which has been painstakingly restored to its original glory.
- Author BiographyAgatha Christie was born in Torquay in 1890 and became, quite simply, the best-selling novelist in history. Her first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, written towards the end of the First World War, introduced us to Hercule Poirot, who was to become the most popular detective in crime fiction since Sherlock Holmes. She is known throughout the world as the Queen of Crime. Her books have sold over a billion copies in the English language and another billion in 44 foreign languages. She is the author of 80 crime novels and short story collections, 19 plays, and six novels under the name of Mary Westmacott.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitlePoirot
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight360 g
- Width126 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementFacsimile edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.