All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting 15 famous cases from Fres, California, set in the first part of the 20th century, a long-time detective in the sheriff's office introduces key figures such as a bootlegger, an unfortunate local dubbed Alligator Jack, and a perpetrator kwn as the Fig Garden Fiend. Featuring local landmarks such as Mussel Slough - the setting for Frank Norris's The Octopus - and offering additional commentary that compares these sensational past cases to current high-profile criminal cases. A consideration of the changing face of crime, this history reveals a modern upswing in child abuse, multiple murders, and kidnapping cases and highlights the extended nature of the current legal process as compared to the open-and-shut character of the early 1900s.
- Author BiographyScott Morrison is a former detective with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office who served in the homicide, sex crimes, and intelligence units. He lives in Fresno, California.
- Author(s)Scott Morrison
- PublisherLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationFresno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.