All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSarah Brandt, a midwife in turn-of-the-century New York City, has seen more than her share of joy and sorrow, birth and death. Now she will see for the first time how the squalor of the streets can breed madness and murder The Prodigal Son Mission on Mulberry Bend stands as a refuge for girls who otherwise would have to live by selling the only thing they have of value themselves. The work being done there so impresses Sarah that she volunteers to help out however she can with clothes, with medical assistance, with the organization of a benefit dinner. And when one of the girls is found dead and refused burial because of her former life, Sarah s passion for justice is aroused.Reluctantly, Sergeant Frank Malloy agrees to look into the death, if only to keep Sarah from endangering herself by pursuing the matter. But Sarah cant be kept out of the investigation and just as Malloy feared, her attempts to find the cause of the unfortunate girl s death in the circumstances of her life put her in deadly danger from an unexpected source
- Author BiographyVictoria Thompson is the Edgar(r) Award-nominated author of the Gaslight mystery series and 20 additional historical novels. She lives in Pennsylvania with her family.
- Author(s)Victoria Thompson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication18/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleGaslight Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Weight204 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.