All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMurphy's Bed is a vel that tells the funny, bawdy coming-of-age story of Bobby Murphy, a modern teen who finds himself growing up gay in an upper-middle class religious Catholic family. The book combines themes found in Porty's Complaint, Catcher in the Rye and A Prayer for Owen Meany in a humorous and ultimately deeply moving tale. The reader will be both entertained and emotionally moved by a story that contains laugh-out-loud sexual antics, universal issues of family conflict, and religious elements that will touch the heart and soul. While Murphy's Bed is fast-paced and outrageously funny, the overall impact is powerful and profound, with an ending that will leave the reader caught between laughter and tears.
- Author BiographyTo his friends and loved ones, Harris is predominately known as a nudge (non-Yiddish speakers, go ahead and look it up, and please note it doesn't rhyme with budge ). The author's ethnic roots are betrayed by a nose whose remarkable proportions radiate his Semitic heritage like a lighthouse beacon. Harris' three children are united in a common belief that their father was born fully-formed as a grouchy adult. His long suffering wife bears silent testimony to the saying that behind every successful man is a surprised woman.
- Author(s)Edward S Harris
- Date of Publication08/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.