CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Other
- AU $28.98Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $18.27Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $18.00Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $18.62Trending at AU $20.62
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.02
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $23.04
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionWondering what a museum director actually does? About to start your first director's job? Looking for guidance in starting up a museum or working with a museum director? Hugh Geways, Lynne Ireland, and Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko have taken the mystery out and replaced it with experience, wisdom, and guidance. Learn about everything from budgets and strategic planning to human resources and facilities management to collections and programming. They also help you tackle legal documents, legal and ethical issues, and challenges for today's 2.0 world. Case studies and exercises throughout help you review and practice what you are learning.
- Author BiographyHugh H. Genoways is Professor Emeritus and former Director of the University of Nebraska State Museum, former editor of the journals Museum History Journal and Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archives Professionals . He is the editor with Mary Anne Andrei of Museum Origins: Readings in Early Museum History and Philosophy, editor of Museum Philosophy for the Twenty-First Century (Alta Mira, 2006), and co-author of Museum Administration: An Introduction (Alta Mira, 2004) and Preserving Natural Science Collections: Chronicle of Our Environmental Heritage (National Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Property, Inc., 1993) . He served as President of the Nebraska Museums Association, 1990-1992. Lynne M. Ireland is Deputy Director of the Nebraska State Historical Society and immediate Past Chair of the Council of the American Association for State and Local History. She is co-author of Museum Administration: An Introduction (Alta Mira, 2004) and contributor to Zen and the Art of Local History (Rowman & Littlefield, 2014) and Leadership Matters (Alta Mira, 2014). She has served as President and is currently Secretary of the Nebraska Museums Association. Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko is the President and CEO of the Abbe Museum, Bar Harbor, Maine and has worked in museums for over twenty years, serving as a museum leader since 2001. Prior to joining the Abbe in 2009, she was the director of the General Lew Wallace Study & Museum in Crawfordsville, Indiana where she led the organization to the National Medal for Museum Service in 2008. She is co-editor and contributor to the Small Museum Toolkit (AltaMira 2012) and contributor to Zen and the Art of Local History (Rowman & Littlefield, 2014). She is the former treasurer of the American Association of State and Local History and is currently on the board of the American Alliance of Museums.
- Author(s)Hugh H. Genoways,Lynne M. Ireland
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/07/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleAmerican Association for State & Local History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight771 g
- Width164 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Revised byCinnamon Catlin-Legutko
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.