All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe museum as a building type and architectural space bear a complex relationship to each other. Architecture competes with the exhibited objects on the one hand and gives way to them on the other, enabling the museum to develop as regards content. This manual guide has its point of departure between both poles and targets both designers and users. The aim of the publication is to facilitate communication in the planning process of a museum, whether this is during the conceptual stage, the competition, or the design and construction phase. In addition to an introduction on the architectural history of the museum, the authors examine the key planning parameters involved in the conception and design of a contemporary museum. Buildings and projects provide inspiration for individual design work.
- Author BiographyHans Wolfgang Hoffmann, born 1970. Studied architecture at the TU Berlin with a focus on urban sociology. Author of architectural guides and books on Berlin. Christian Schittich, born 1956. Studied architecture at the TU Munchen. Since 1998 editor-in-chief of the journal Detail. Author and editor of numerous specialist books and articles. Content-related responsibility for the range of publications by Detail.
- Author(s)Hans Wolfgang Hoffmann
- PublisherDOM Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDOM Publishers
- Weight2018 g
- Width225 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChristian Schittich
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.