All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis landmark publication is the first to draw together all aspects of museum collections management in one handbook. It is designed for anyone with responsibility for a cultural collection and covers everything a collections manager needs to kw. It describes professional practice in managing cultural objects and works of art, whatever the size and nature of the collection. The book includes essential information on: * Legal aspects of collections * Ethical issues such as due diligence and immunity from seizure * Up to date concerns such as sustainability, crossing borders and financial constraints * Loans, acquisitions, inventory and movement. The book describes all collections management procedures in a simple step-by-step process and is clear and easy to use with all procedures based on international museum practice. Examples of real forms, policies and documents drawn from major museums are included throughout the text and act as guides for any transaction. Readership: Packed full of practical information, advice and good practice, this will be essential reading for all museum professionals, curators of private collections and museum studies students.
- Author BiographyFreda Matassa FRSA MA(Hons) DipAL DipEd is a wellknown UK expert on collections management who advises, teaches and lectures internationally. Former Head of Collections Management at the Tate Gallery and co-founder of the European Registrars Conference, she is expert adviser on several European projects for museum standards and to the Minister of Culture on immunity from seizure. She was recently named one of the Top 50 Women to Watch in the arts.
- Author(s)Freda Matassa
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication23/05/2011
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Other
- AU $41.23Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.32
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $23.40Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $41.24Trending at AU $45.47
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $43.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.