Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $136.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuseum Informatics explores the sociotechnical issues that arise when people, information, and techlogy interact in museums. It is designed specifically to address the many challenges faced by museums, museum professionals, and museum visitors in the information society. It examines t only applications of new techlogies in museums, but how advances in information science and techlogy have changed the very nature of museums, both what it is to work in one, and what it is to visit one. To explore these issues, Museum Informatics offers a selection of contributed chapters, written by leading museum researchers and practitioners, each covering significant themes or concepts fundamental to the study of museum informatics and providing practical examples and detailed case studies useful for museum researchers and professionals. In this way, Museum Informatics offers a fresh perspective on the sociotechnical interactions that occur between people, information, and techlogy in museums, presented in a format accessible to multiple audiences, including researchers, students, museum professionals, and museum visitors.
- Author BiographyPaul F. Marty is Assistant Professor in the College of Information at Florida State University. He has a background in ancient history and computer science engineering, and his Ph.D. is from the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Katherine Burton Jones is the Assistant Dean for Information Technology and Media Services at the Harvard Divinity School. She is the Research Advisor and an instructor for the Masters in Liberal Arts in Museum Studies. She is a former President of the Board of Directors of the Museum Computer Network.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/10/2007
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarcel Dekker Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.