All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.03
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.03
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionWith the development of institutions displaying natural science, history, and art in the late 19th century came the debates over the role of these museum in society. This anthology collects 50 of the most important writings on museum philosophy dating from this formative period, written by the many of the American and European founders of the field. Geways and Andrei contextualize these pieces with a series of introductions showing how the museum field developed within the social environment of the era. For those interested in museum history and philosophy or cultural history, this is an essential resource.
- Author BiographyHugh H. Genoways is Professor Emeritus at the University of Nebraska State Museum, former editor of the journals Collections and Current Mammology, and past president of American Society of Mammologists. Mary Anne Andrei is Lecturer, Department of History, University of Virginia and a specialist in the history of science. Genoways and Andrei are the founding editors of the journal Museum History.
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHugh H. Genoways,Mary Anne Andrei
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.