All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe museum has become a vital strategic space for negotiating ownership of and access to kwledges produced in local settings. Museum as Process presents community-engaged culture work of a group of scholars whose collaborative projects consider the social spaces between the museum and community and offer new ways of addressing the challenges of bridging the local and the global. Museum as Process explores a variety of strategies for engaging source communities in the process of translation and the collaborative mediation of cultural kwledges. Scholars from around the world reflect upon their work with specific communities in different parts of the world - Australia, Canada, Ghana, Great Britain, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, South Africa, Taiwan and the United States. Each global case study provides significant insights into what happens to kwledge as it moves back and forth between source communities and global sites, especially the museum. Museum as Process is an important contribution to understanding the relationships between museums and source communities and the flow of cultural kwledge.
- Author BiographyRaymond Silverman is Professor of History of Art and Afroamerican & African Studies and founding Director of the Museum Studies Program at the University of Michigan.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleMuseum Meanings
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRaymond Silverman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.