All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe stunning seventeenth-century 'Old Ashmolean Building' on Broad Street in Oxford houses one of the finest collections of early instruments from Europe and the Islamic world. Together with a fascinating range of material from the eighteenth century to the present day, these artefacts offer an intriguing insight into ingenuity and creativity, and tell amazing stories of human scientific endeavour in a wider cultural and social context. The Director, Silke Ackermann, hand-picks her favourite items and provides an intimate, idiosyncratic guide to a remarkable collection.
- Author BiographyDr Silke Ackermann has been Director of the Museum of the History of Science since early 2014, making her the first ever female museum director at the University of Oxford. Prior to that she studied History, Oriental Languages & Cultures and History of Science at Frankfurt/Main (Germany) before joining the British Museum in 1995, where she served in a wide range of curatorial and management roles.
- Author(s)Silke Ackermann
- PublisherScala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleDirector's Choice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Content Note31 colour
- Weight227 g
- Width165 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.