Music Business Handbook and Career Guide by David Baskerville, Tim Baskerville (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $121.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $263.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis powerhouse best-selling text maintains is the most comprehensive, up-to-date guide to the music industry. Music business newcomers and professionals alike will find Baskerville's handbook an indispensable resource, whatever their specialty is within the field music. Key Features: * Expanded and enhanced coverage of state-of-the-art techlogy and its implications for the music industry, including digital downloads, changing production techlogies, marketing via social networking, and new distribution channels including video games * Discusses new and emerging business models and their implications including the topics of Internet outlets, the independent musician, the evolving role of producers, and satellite and Internet radio * Information on careers, especially in the context of a changing business environment * Discussion of the concert business, once a mir source of revenue but w as robust as the revenue stream of recorded music * Coverage of alternatives to radio airplay and to incentivising teens to visit local record stores, in light of the weakened format of radio and the disappearance of neighborhood music shops * Examination of sophisticated marketing research tools for the industry, due to consumer clicks that illuminate customer buying behavior and changes in tastes and desires * Reflection on the global shift of the music business world as it becomes less centered on American companies and culture. It is ideal as the core textbook in courses such as Introduction to the Music Business, Music and Media, Music Business Foundations, and survey courses. This book can also be used for more specialized courses on the record industry, music merchandising, music careers, artist management, music and the law, arts administration, and music in popular culture.
- Author BiographyEditor Tim Baskerville has a diverse background in entertainment and media. He began his career in broadcasting after receiving a B.A. in theater arts from UCLA. Early affiliations included CBS and Cox Broadcasting, where he served as a writer-producer. The first TV documentary he created for CBS stations was nominated for an Emmy. As a publisher and entrepreneur, he launched business periodicals on the home video software industry, global film distribution, and multinational broadcasting. Today, a publishing company he founded in London in the 1990s is one of the world's leading providers of data on mobile entertainment (www.informamedia.com). In recent years he served as President of Kagan Research, the leading provider of financial analysis on the media industry, and CEO of JupiterResearch, a key source of consumer research on Web behavior. As a consultant, Baskerville's clients have included the Motion Picture Association of America, Variety, Time Warner, IBM, International Data Corp., Young & Rubicam, JVC America, Apple, and The Rockefeller Foundation. He has been both a strategy consultant and weekly columnist for Billboard. Baskerville was Vice President of the Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association (MEIEA), member of the Writers Guild of America, west, and chapter founder of the Overseas Press Club of America.
- Author(s)David Baskerville,Tim Baskerville
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2016
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.