Music Business Handbook and Career Guide by Tim Baskerville, David Baskerville (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.97+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $93.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe special Tenth Edition of this powerhouse bestselling text maintains its tradition as the most comprehensive, up-to-date guide to the music industry. The breadth of coverage that this book offers is unlike that of any other resource available. Music business newcomers and professionals alike will find the book a valuable resource, whatever their specialty within the field music. It is ideal as the core textbook in courses dealing with the music business. Key features includes: * expanded and enhanced coverage of state-of-the-art techlogy and its implications for the music industry, including digital downloads, changing production techlogies, marketing via social networking, and new distribution channels including video games * new business models and their implications including the topics of Internet outlets, the independent musician, the evolving role of producers, and satellite and Internet radio * updated information on careers * coverage of alternatives to radio airplay and to luring teens to local record stores, in light of the weakened format of radio and the disappearance of neighborhood music shops * cxamination of sophisticated marketing research tools for the industry, due to consumer clicks that illuminate customer buying behavior and changes in tastes and desires * reflection on the global shift of the music business world as it becomes less centered on American companies and culture * companion websites include password-protected Instructor Resources Site (featuring PowerPoint slides, tests, tips, and more) and an open-access Student Study Site (featuring new interactive exercises and links to material online to enhance learning).
- Author BiographyEditor Tim Baskerville has a diverse background in entertainment and media. He began his career in broadcasting after receiving a B.A. in theater arts from UCLA. Early affiliations included CBS and Cox Broadcasting, where he served as a writer-producer. The first TV documentary he created for CBS stations was nominated for an Emmy. As a publisher and entrepreneur, he launched business periodicals on the home video software industry, global film distribution, and multinational broadcasting. Today, a publishing company he founded in London in the 1990s is one of the world's leading providers of data on mobile entertainment (www.informamedia.com). In recent years he served as President of Kagan Research, the leading provider of financial analysis on the media industry, and CEO of JupiterResearch, a key source of consumer research on Web behavior. As a consultant, Baskerville's clients have included the Motion Picture Association of America, Variety, Time Warner, IBM, International Data Corp., Young & Rubicam, JVC America, Apple, and The Rockefeller Foundation. He has been both a strategy consultant and weekly columnist for Billboard. Baskerville was Vice President of the Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association (MEIEA), member of the Writers Guild of America, west, and chapter founder of the Overseas Press Club of America.
- Author(s)David Baskerville,Tim Baskerville
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.