All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionMusic Business and the Experience Ecomy is the first book on the music business in Australasia from an academic perspective. In a cross-disciplinary approach, the contributions deal with a wide-range of topics concerning the production, distribution and consumption of music in the digital age. The interrelationship of legal, aesthetic and ecomic aspects in the production of music in Australasia is also highlighted as well as the emergence of new business models, the role of P2P file sharing, and the live music sector. In addition, the impact of the digital revolution on music experience and valuation, the role of music for tourism and for branding, and last but t least the developments of higher music education, are discussed from different perspectives.
- Author BiographyPeter Tschmuck is professor of Culture Institutions Studies at the Institute of Culture Management and Culture Studies (IKM) of the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna. His main research fields are: music industry research, the economics of copyright, the research on cultural institutions and cultural policy evaluation. Professor Philip Pearce supervises doctoral students, conducts research and teaches at all levels in the tourism field. He is particularly interested in components of the experience economy as a way of developing sustainable tourism. Dr Steven Campbell lectures in music and sound at James Cook University, Australia. As a musician/composer his creative practice is primarily in music technologies within sound art installations, while his scholarly pursuits include topics such as sound art, sound in television and experimental film sound.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication17/04/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note20 black & white tables, biography
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byPeter Tschmuck,Philip L. Pearce,Steven Campbell
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.