All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding a complete review of existing work in music emotion developed in psychology and engineering, Music Emotion Recognition explains how to account for the subjective nature of emotion perception in the development of automatic music emotion recognition (MER) systems. Among the first publications dedicated to automatic MER, it begins with a comprehensive introduction to the essential aspects of MER-including background, key techniques, and applications. This ground-breaking reference examines emotion from a dimensional perspective. It defines emotions in music as points in a 2D plane in terms of two of the most fundamental emotion dimensions according to psychologists-valence and arousal. The authors present a computational framework that generalizes emotion recognition from the categorical domain to real-valued 2D space. They also: * Introduce vel emotion-based music retrieval and organization methods * Describe a ranking-base emotion antation and model training method * Present methods that integrate information extracted from lyrics, chord sequence, and genre metadata for improved accuracy * Consider an emotion-based music retrieval system that is particularly useful for mobile devices The book details techniques for addressing the issues related to: the ambiguity and granularity of emotion description, heavy cognitive load of emotion antation, subjectivity of emotion perception, and the semantic gap between low-level audio signal and high-level emotion perception. Complete with more than 360 useful references, 12 example MATLAB(R) codes, and a listing of key abbreviations and acronyms, this cutting-edge guide supplies the technical understanding and tools needed to develop your own automatic MER system based on the automatic recognition model.
- Author BiographyYi-Hsuan Yang received a Ph.D. in Communication Engineering from National Taiwan University in 2010. His research interests include multimedia information retrieval, music analysis, machine learning, and affective computing. He has published over 30 technical papers in the above areas. Dr. Yang was awarded MediaTek Fellowship in 2009 and Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship in 2008. Homer H. Chen received a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign. Since August 2003, he has been with the College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, National Taiwan University, where he is Irving T. Ho Chair Professor. Prior to that, he held various R&D management and engineering positions with US companies over a period of 17 years, including AT&T Bell Labs, Rockwell Science Center, iVast, and Digital Island. He was a US delegate for ISO and ITU standards committees and contributed to the development of many new interactive multimedia technologies that are now part of the MPEG-4 and JPEG-2000 standards. His professional interests lie in the broad area of multimedia signal processing and communications. Dr. Chen is an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. He served as Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Image Processing from 1992 to 1994, Guest Editor of IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology in 1999, and an Associate Editorial of Pattern Recognition from 1989 to 1999. He is an IEEE Fellow.
- Author(s)Homer H. Chen,Yi-Hsuan Yang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/02/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleMultimedia Computing, Communication and Intelligence
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, 70 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.