CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
About this product
- DescriptionRaymond Leppard is one of the most respected international conductors of our time, having appeared with nearly all of the world's leading orchestras in his five decades on the podium and with more than 200 recordings to his credit. As an author and composer, he was among the first of his time to transcend the academic and performing classical music worlds with a legacy that includes the scholarly realisations of the early Italian operatic composers, Monteverdi and Cavalli. The many distinguished and colourful colleagues he associated with at Cambridge and the performing arts communities of New York, London, Glyndebourne, Manchester and throughout Europe included several of the musical, theatrical, literary and social icons of the time, including members of the British Royal family, Joan Sutherland, Wynton Marsalis, Sir Peter Shaffer and Sir Peter Hall amongst others. In his memoir Music Made Me, he shares how these friendships have enriched his life as a musician and continue to do so as an active octogenarian. His account of aspects of his life and experiences in this impressive community of friends and associates is poignant and punctuated with colourful anecdotes, both thought-provoking and entertaining. HRH The Prince of Wales provides a lively foreward to these recollections and offers his own on the influence of Maestro Leppard's music and friendship has had on three generations of his family and their contemporaries.
- Author BiographyRaymond Leppard is one of the most respected international conductors of our time, having appeared with nearly all of the world's leading orchestras in his five decades on the podium and with more than 200 recordings to his credit.
- Author(s)Raymond Leppard
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication23/12/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date26/05/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.