All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobert P. Morgan is one of a small number of music theorists writing in English who treat music theory, and in particular Schenkerian theory, as part of general intellectual life. Morgan's writings are rewned within the field of music scholarship: he is the author of the well-kwn Norton volume Twentieth-Century Music, and of additional books relating to Schenkerian and other theory, analysis and society. This volume of Morgan's previously published essays encompasses a broad range of issues, including historical and social issues and is of importance to anyone concerned with modern Western music. His specially written introduction treats his writings as a whole but also provides additional material relating to the articles included in this volume.
- Author BiographyRobert P. Morgan is Emeritus Professor of Music at Yale University and has enjoyed a distinguished musical career. Among his numerous musical honors are grants from the German Government and the National Endowment for the Humanities, plus an award for graduate teaching from The University of Chicago. He has in addition served on the Advisory Board of the Fromm Music Foundation, the Executive Board of the Society of Music Theory, as Director at Large of the American Musicological Society, twice as a faculty member of the Mannis Institute for Advanced Studies in Music Theory, and as Chair of the Visiting Committee of the Department of Music at Harvard University. He has been on numerous editorial boards and he holds the distinction of being nominated as one of two candidates for President of both the Society for Music Theory and the American Musicological Society.
- Author(s)Robert P. Morgan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAshgate Contemporary Thinkers on Critical Musicology Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight928 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.