All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet more out of music with this essential guide Music Theory For Dummies makes music theory easy to understand, with a friendly, unintimidating overview of everything you need to kw to become fluent at kcking out beats, reading musical scores, and learning to anticipate where a song should go whether you're reading someone else's music or writing your own. Whether you're a music student or a music lover, you'll learn to read, write, and understand music with this informative guide. With expert instruction, you'll put it all together as you compose, arrange, and create original melodies, harmonies, and chords of your own, with helpful tips for performing your pieces in front of an audience. This new third edition presents the most current teaching techniques, the newest music genres and examples, and updated information on all aspects of understanding, creating, and performing music. Studies have shown that music training improves children's' verbal and spatial abilities, and it's been associated with cognitive and mathematical benefits in adults. The music job market is expected to increase over the coming years, and music theory is becoming an increasingly common part of education at all levels. Music Theory For Dummies provides the instruction you need to get more out of music than you ever thought possible. * Master major and mir scales, intervals, pitches, and clefs * Understand basic tation, time signals, tempo, dynamics, and navigation * Employ melodies, chords, progressions, and phrases to form music * Compose harmonies and accompanying melodies for voice and instruments Whether you intend to pursue a degree or career in music, or just enjoy listening to it, understanding the theory behind it gives you a whole new appreciation for the artistry and craftsmanship behind the pieces that give you goose bumps. It's a mix of technical skill, inborn talent, and plenty of practice and w you can try your hand at it, with Music Theory For Dummies.
- Author BiographyMike Pilhofer holds a Masters of Music in Music Education with a Jazz Emphasis from the Eastman School of Music and is an in-demand clinician. Holly Day's work has appeared in over 3,000 print and electronic publications internationally.
- Author(s)Holly Day,Michael Pilhofer
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width189 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.