All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays explores a wide range of topics current in the field of music theory, including analytical methodologies for pretonal, tonal, and post-tonal music, assessment of tation as a vehicle for interpreting compositional strategies in different repertoires, and employment of approaches informed by cognitive, aesthetic, and ethmusicological studies of music. Authors reflect critically on challenges within their specific areas of expertise and probe directions in which advances can be made and difficulties overcome. The results of these investigations will benefit readers, from early career researchers to experienced scholars, whose interests t only intersect with the topics presented here but which also encompass broad methodological issues affecting music theory.
- Author BiographyDenis Collins is Senior Lecturer in Music at the University of Queensland (Australia). He has published widely on the history of music theory, especially contrapuntal processes in Renaissance and Baroque music.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMethodology of Music Research
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note100 Notenbeispiele
- Weight540 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDenis Collins
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.