All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionRich with case material, this groundbreaking volume provides a comprehensive overview of music therapy, from basic concepts to emerging clinical approaches. Experts review psychodynamic, humanistic, cognitive-behavioral, and developmental foundations and describe major techniques, including the Nordoff-Robbins model and the Bonny Method of Guided Imagery and Music. An expansive section on clinical applications examines music therapy with children and adults, as well as its recognized role in medical settings. Topics include autism spectrum disorder, school interventions, brain injury, and trauma. An authoritative resource for music therapists, the book also shows how music can be used by other mental health and medical professionals. The companion website features audio downloads illustrative of the Nordoff-Robbins model.
- Author BiographyBarbara L. Wheeler, PhD, MT-BC, is Professor Emerita at Montclair State University in New Jersey, where she taught from 1975 to 2000. Dr. Wheeler initiated the music therapy program at the University of Louisville in 2000, retiring in 2011. She presents and teaches in the United States and internationally, with current faculty appointments at The State University of New York, New Paltz; Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York; the Department of Social Studies, University of Applied Sciences Wurzburg-Schweinfurt, Wurzburg, Germany; and the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music, Katowice, Poland. She has been an active clinician throughout her career, working with diverse clientele. Dr. Wheeler has edited and authored several chapters, articles, and books, including Music Therapy Research, Second Edition, and Clinical Training Guide for the Student Music Therapist. She is a past president of the American Music Therapy Association and former Interview Coeditor for Voices: A World Forum for Music Therapy.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication30/11/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBarbara L. Wheeler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.