All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionSinging is as human as breathing, and this book tells us why. Mark Guari, contributing music writer, The Guardian Celebrated yogi-musician Girish opens new possibilities for transforming your life through song, combining the ancient art of singing mantra with twenty-first century neuroscience research. For as long as he can remember, Girish has created rhythm to accompany life. His first experience of music as sacred art came in college, playing with jazz bands. During improvisational sessions, he recalls, there were these unexplainable moments of synchronicity and intuition that felt like magic. This led Girish to an unexpected journey a seeming detour to live as a monk in an ashram for five years that inadvertently urished his musical artistry. Here, he studied Sanskrit as a means to understand the deeper meanings of ancient chants, which sparked a life-changing event that led him back to music and to combine music with Sanskrit chants. Now he shares what he s learned to help people of all ages, backgrounds, and traditions to transform body, brain, and life through mantra and music. With Music and Mantras, Girish has created an interactive toolkit including more than ninety minutes of companion audio material for personal transformation through singing, sharing his own experience as a musician, yogi, and former Hindu monk. Weaving simple, elegant mantras from ancient traditions with neuroscience, Girish shows us how to achieve greater peace of mind, clarity, calm, focus, and even improved health and wealth through the yogic art of chanting an ideal practice for singing our way to happiness, health, and prosperity.
- PublisherAtria/Enliven Books
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria/Enliven Books
- Weight340 g
- Width147 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.